The Tefillah: Beyond the Words shiur resumed this week
, picking up where we left off, with birkhas Ahavah.Some of the topics discussed:
- Two dimensions for discussing a middah: “Ahavah Rabba” and “Ahavas Olam”
- How those dimensions are reflected in the structure of the berakhah as a whole
- What is love?
- The avos: Three models for how to express love
- The progression from ahavah (love) to chemlah (pity) to chein (unearned giving)
- The Torah as chuqei chaim (the law for living)
- What do we mean by qiyum hamitvah?