Davening For Friday Night
According to the nusach of R. Y.B. Soloveitchik
Editing and Commentary by
Thanks to the work of a number of volunteers, I feel comfortable enough
to release a project I've been working on for months: "Ashirah Lashem"
-- a siddur for Friday Night davening.
- The nusach based on R' YB Soloveitchik, with explantion where he
diverges from Ashkenaz.
- All quotes from Tanach are in kesav Ashuris.
- Every voiced schwa and short kamatz as determined by the Gaon's
rules are marked.
- Trup is printed for every paragraph or phrase quoted from Tanach
as a second guide to punctuation.
- A commentary I put together for myself from the words of the Rav, R' SR
Hirsch and the Vilna Gaon.
- Two appendices with thoughts on Birchas Avos and the first paragraph of
Ashirah Lashem is available in Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format in one
of two layouts:
- Individual pages: One page of the siddur on
each sheet of paper
- Booklet: Two pages per side of paper,
arranged to ease producing a booklet. The first page has the innermost
pages of the booklet, the second page contains the pages before and
after them, etc...
To produce the booklet:
- Print or copy in full duplex (i.e. using both sides of the paper).
Make sure both sides of each sheet have the same top (e.g. in the
print dialog box, select "Flip on short edge").
- Fold the entire stack of pages down the middle, and
- staple on the fold. You want to staple it with the cover upward, so
that the open end of the staples will be in the middle of the booklet.
Otherwise, they tend to snag fabric and ruin expensive suits. (Speaking
purely theoretically, of course. <grin>)
To ask questions about AishDas, Mussar, Jewish Thought, or just to
say hi, Contact us!
© 1995, 2002-2010 The AishDas Society