The audio recording (b”H, much clearer than my first attempt at recording a shiur) attached is from the “Tefillah: Beyond the Words” class, a discussion of the berakhah of “Al Netilas Yadayim“.
- The class starts with a discussion of berakhos in general:
- Various opinions of the meaning of the word “barukh”,
- the structure,
- three conceptions of how to make a berakahah.
- Approaches to doing mitzvos:
- To obtain holiness
- to fulfill the commandment of G-d
- Perspectives on the reason for morning hand-washing, and how it relates to holiness.