Ten Reasons to Attend Kallah IX
Reasons to Attend
The Mussar Kallah will take place at beautiful and serene
Illinois Beach Resort,
located in Zion, Illinois,
amid 4,100 acres
of a protected state park,
right on the shore of Lake Michigan.The Illinois Beach Resort
One Lake Front Drive
Zion, IL 60099
Friday November 11, 2011 at 4:00 PM CST
Monday November 14, 2011 at 12:00 PM CST
Add to my calendar
The Kallah’s registration fee is $450 which includes all sessions and meals.
We look forward to seeing you in November.
Ten reasons to attend The Mussar Institute’s Kallah IX:
1. Dr. Alan Morinis returns to the Kallah – need we say more? He will lead sessions on Hitbonenut: Mussar Meditation; Hitpa’alut: Mussar chanting to open the heart to the Other and more
2. Rabbi Yaacov Haber is our scholar in residence – we just said a whole lot more. He will lead sessions on Nosei b’ol im Chaveiro: middah and practice; Avodah: Serving the Other as Spiritual Practice and more
3. Rabbi Micha Berger discusses Holiness, Self and Other and leads a session on the middah rachamim (compassion)
4. Shirah Bell on chesed (loving-kindness)
5. Rabbi David Jaffe on savlanut (patience)
6. Rebbetzin Rivy Kletenik, R. Yaacov Haber and R. David Jaffe offer tales of lamed-vavniks, tzaddikim and others who show us how to help others bear their burden
7. R. Yaacov Haber, Shirah Bell, Dr. Alan Morinis and Rn. Rivy Kletenik discuss practices for Soft-hearted living
8. One night enjoy a Mussar Talent show; the next night a Mussar tish
9. Catch up with old friends and make new friends
10. Twice daily group meditation, morning stretches with a Mussar twist, chanting, guided walk in the forest, walks along Lake Michigan, breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks, and more.
Why wait until 2012 to expand your mind and nourish your soul? Register today.