This week’s class was on E-lokai Neshamah. Some of the topics discussed:
- Different opinions about why the berakhah doesn’t begin with the word “barukh”
- The berakhah’s possible connection to Hamapil said before going to bed or Asher Yatzar
- Is the berakhah primarily about waking up, or the resurrection?
- Who is the “me” saying “the soul which You put within me”? Aren’t I my soul — how can it be placed within “me”?
- More on the “anatomy” of the soul
- The connection between the soul and the body
- Different opinions on the nature and role of the resurrection.