- The class starts with a discussion of berakhos in general:
- Various opinions of the meaning of the word “barukh”,
- the structure,
- three conceptions of how to make a berakahah.
- Approaches to doing mitzvos:
- To obtain holiness
- to fulfill the commandment of G-d
- Perspectives on the reason for morning hand-washing, and how it relates to holiness.
WARNING: Recording sound quality is poor!
Attached is an audio shiur on the subject of Modeh Ani.The topics covered:
- The meaning of the words and problems with the naive translation
- Two roles for prayer
- Yehudah and Modeh — connectedness
- Hakaras haTov — thankfulness and the nature of chesed